[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
AskMisterWizard.com • View topic - Aces High II Version 2.12 Patch 4

Aces High II Version 2.12 Patch 4

Aces High Combat Flight Simulator. This is the "unofficial" forum for the Aces High combat Flight Simulator, providing an alternative to the fine forums at http://www.HitechCreations.com.

Aces High II Version 2.12 Patch 4

Postby thxAce » 30 Jul 2010 11:44

I'm looking for Version 212P4 of Aces High II because I've learned that was the best version ever made for LAN Head-to-Head use at home. I saw a section of your web site offering help finding it, but I still can't find a copy. Does anybody have a copy they can share with me?

Thanks for all of the other AH resources on your site. It's awesome! This is the best Aces High site on the whole Internet!

thxAce

Re: Aces High II Version 2.12 Patch 4

Postby bbosen » 30 Jul 2010 12:03

ThxAce:

Thanks for the kind words. We're glad you are enjoying the "Aces High" section of our website, and we hope you'll also take the time to explore the larger areas about other combat flight simulators, and about modern computing and networking. A lot of those resources are at http://www.AskMisterWizard.com.

For the benefit of those reading this thread, I'll point out that you mentioned our page on "Finding Aces High II Version 2.12P4". I think you are referring to the "Version 2.12Patch4" link on this page:

http://www.techvideoreview.com/FlightSi ... llPage.htm

Now as to your difficulty finding AH2124.EXE I've noticed that one can be quite difficult to find. Links come and go. You'll just have to continue searching. It isn't very popular (probably because it's merits haven't really been discovered among the general public) and so webmasters tend to delete or disregard those references. Have faith; somebody will publish a link to it again. It's worth the trouble to seek this thing out! If I ever find a reliable link to it, I'll update the page that I identified above.

In the meantime, BE VERY CAREFUL not to download a conterfeit version. Check the file lengths and make sure the length is about 125 MB. It is commonplace to offer malware in these situations.

-Bob-
bbosen
Site Admin

Postby bbosen » 30 Jul 2010 13:11

A couple of additional points:

Earlier versions of Aces High II can interoperate with Version 2.12P4. For example, if you can find a copy of AH212P3, it's almost exactly the same thing, and the two versions can interoperate well, even with offline missions hosted by the server.

I also had good success with AH2101.EXE back when it was new. I can't remember if it supported any offline missions, though....

Another option: Aces High "Classic". Version AH1114.EXE was the best of these, and it is easy to find. Free LAN-based Head-to-Head works very well with that version, but it doesn't support custom offline missions.

Regards,

Bob
bbosen
Site Admin

Postby thxAce » 30 Jul 2010 13:28

Bob,

Thanks for the fast responces. I'm at work right now and can't download anything until I get home tonight :( but I'll try to find the versions that you suggested. I really hope I can get version 2.12p4 though, because I want to have my son join me in a LAN H2H mixup with your offline missions. Especially the big Hollandia one. I'll let you know what I find.
thxAce

Postby thxAce » 31 Jul 2010 21:50

Well, I looked a little harder online and I found it :D

It installed OK on my first machine with Windows XP. I still need to install it on one other machine before I can check the LAN Head to head stuff. After that I need a little time to configure it and try out some of your offline missions. I hope this works!
thxAce

Postby WingManMatt » 06 Sep 2010 00:01

thxAce

Did u get it working with 2.12.4? I just want to tell you I have 2.12.4 and its great in LAN mode. Me and my friends in my dorm can play it just fine and its a blast! We can even fly the Solomons mission in LAN mode until somebody shoots down the hoster LOL. Anyway if u need some help just ask here and I will try to help you get it going. Or else somebldy else will help i am sure.
WingManMatt

Postby thxAce » 17 Oct 2010 22:38

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here. Yes, I got it working. It's great! We even got the big Hollandia miss to work but it isn't so easy in LAN mode because the bots warp but the humans don't LOL! Anyways, the pacmix one is fantastic. I wish all of the other computers could hear the radio messages that the hoster hears but you can't have everything! ;)
thxAce

Postby bbosen » 22 Oct 2010 11:57

thxAce wrote:Sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here. Yes, I got it working. It's great! We even got the big Hollandia miss to work but it isn't so easy in LAN mode because the bots warp but the humans don't LOL! Anyways, the pacmix one is fantastic. I wish all of the other computers could hear the radio messages that the hoster hears but you can't have everything! ;)

ThxAce: We certainly understand about delays responding lol! Sorry it's taken ME so long to follow up. Congratulations on getting everything working. Since we last spoke, I've published additional missions that work well with AH2124 (and also work adequately with newer versions of Aces High).

I've had a lot of queries on the subject of installing multiple versions of Aces High simultaneously, so I'll use this opportunity to tell the group how I do this. First, I ALWAYS keep an up-to-date version installed according to prevailing norms, just taking all of the default choices after downloading the latest and greatest from http://www.HiTechCreations.com. Lately, that has placed all of the new Aces High software in this directory location:

c:\Hitech Creations\Aces High

That software always conforms with the current expectations of the larger Aces High community, and benefits from all of their semi-automated updaters, etc. That's the version that works online.

In addition, I generally keep one or two other old versions. To avoid conflicts, I always install those versions in a separate area of my filesystem. I think I could have chosen almost any convenient location for them. My choice has been a pattern like this:

c:\Program files\htc\AH2124
c:\Program files\htc\AH2131

During htc's standard installation process for that old software, after accepting the generous terms of their license agreement, I'm always given the option to choose the "Destination Folder" that will hold the installed software. A prominent "Browse" button is shown like this:

http://TechVideoReview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Installation/ChooseFolder00.JPG

That's the button you will use to designate the unique folder into which you will install your chosen, older version. But FIRST you must manually create the unique folder that will serve to designate that unique copy. For example, when I stored a copy at c:\Program files\htc\AH2124, I already had a folder at c:\Program files, but I had to manually create these 2 folders:

c:\Program files\htc, and
c:\Program files\htc\AH2124.

Then, knowing that my special "anchor" folder was already in place, I could use the "Browse" button from the installer. It's highlighted here:

http://TechVideoReview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Installation/ChooseFolder01.JPG

[Continued...]
bbosen
Site Admin

Postby bbosen » 22 Oct 2010 12:29

[Continued from prior post....]

Here's an image showing how I subsequently used that "Browse" button to designate the desired, pre-existing folder:

http://TechVideoReview.com/FlightSimMov ... lder02.JPG

Once that's done, it's just a matter of taking installation defaults and choices in the usual manner. The installer will create another subfolder beneath the "anchor" one that you designate. That sub-folder will be named "Aces High II", and it will contain the executable program "aceshigh.exe", along with the usual set of associated support files and sub-folders.

With multiple installed versions of Aces High as described here, you'll always need some clear means of designating the desired version when you want to run Aces High. That's simple too: just browse into the folder containing the desired version and double-click on "aceshigh.exe". The designated version will start right up.

Regards,

-Bob- (Peabody)
bbosen
Site Admin

Postby smoleniuch » 18 May 2012 08:54

[quote="bbosen"]A couple of additional points:

Earlier versions of Aces High II can interoperate with Version 2.12P4. For example, if you can find a copy of AH212P3, it's almost exactly the same thing, and the two versions can interoperate well, even with offline missions hosted by the server.

I also had good success with AH2101.EXE back when it was new. I can't remember if it supported any offline missions, though....

Another option: Aces High "Classic". Version AH1114.EXE was the best of these, and it is easy to find. Free LAN-based Head-to-Head works very well with that version, but it doesn't support custom offline missions.

Regards,

Bob[/quote]

Thank you,i had lost my hope till now. :o
smoleniuch

Return to Aces High