[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
AskMisterWizard.com • View topic - Android Pad

Android Pad

Linux Distributions, Downloading Linux, Installing Linux, Configuring and Optimizing a Linux installation, Linux Gaming, Linux Applications, Linux-compatible hardware, Switching from Windows to Linux, etc.
Forum rules
Welcome to the AskMisterWizard.com "LINUX" Forum!

This is a friendly community. Please make sure your posts are helpful and focused on LINUX issues. Please choose and respect concise, descriptive "Subject" lines. Although it's OK to promote your own interests and services if it's done in a way that's helpful to our readers (and if it fits the overall "LINUX" focus of this forum), posts that include blatant "Spam" will be deleted. Any message that is deemed disruptive of the hosting system, hosting network, or our reading community will get you banned from these forums.

Android Pad

Postby rodrigo » 23 Mar 2011 12:12

Hi. I want to buy an Android pad. I've seen some very low cost ones from China running Android V1.6. They cost between U.S. $100 and $200. What do you think of this plan? I just want to use it for web browsing, email, music, and vid clips.

Rodrigo

rodrigo

Re: Android Pad

Postby bbosen » 08 Apr 2011 11:47

Rodrigo:

I would worry about this choice. An Android pad that inexpensive is probably running a very old version of Android, and it's difficult to upgrade those or to obtain software. I would advise against buying an Android pad unless it is running a current version of Android. At the time of this writing in April of 2011, that requires version 2.2.1 or higher. I recently purchased an Archos I70 Internet Tablet running Android Version 2.2.1, and I'm quite happy with it. I had to pay about U.S. $280.00 for it, and that represents the "sweet spot" in today's pricing, IMHO. Anything selling for substantially less than that must have something wrong with it....
bbosen
Site Admin

Re: Android Pad

Postby bbosen » 20 Apr 2011 17:13

bbosen wrote :
> Rodrigo:
>
> I would worry about this choice. An Android pad that inexpensive is
> probably running a very old version of Android, and it's difficult to
> upgrade those or to obtain software. I would advise against buying an
> Android pad unless it is running a current version of Android. At the time
> of this writing in April of 2011, that requires version 2.2.1 or higher. I
> recently purchased an Archos I70 Internet Tablet running Android Version
> 2.2.1, and I'm quite happy with it. I had to pay about U.S. $280.00 for it,
> and that represents the "sweet spot" in today's pricing, IMHO.
> Anything selling for substantially less than that must have something wrong
> with it....

For example, it probably lacks the power to run "Flash" media or "YouTube" video.
bbosen
Site Admin

I like

Postby Allolaxomonab » 09 Sep 2011 13:00

what I was looking for, thanks
Allolaxomonab

Return to Linux